“Errington IM has been integral in the continued development of our business. Nick and the team provide exceptional, personalized service with a commitment to understanding our marketing requirements. We have worked in unison as community partners taking the vision of a concept and bringing it to life with the creative implementation of our marketing strategy.”
Dymond’s Social Kitchen & Bar is a Burlington, ON based contemporary, casual dining restaurant/bar that blends fine food, live entertainment such as their signature Dueling Pianos, and an affinity for sports in an upbeat, fashion-forward atmosphere.
Dymond’s Social Kitchen & Bar needed to transition to the Dymond’s name and concept from an existing, modestly successful restaurant brand with similar concept. It was imperative that the change be easy and exciting for both the public and management.
Dymond’s was looking for an experienced agency that could provide an end-to-end integrated marketing communications service. End-to-end in Dymond’s eyes included everything from strategy and concept to creative design, multi-media executions and ongoing advice and counsel.
The multi-faceted solution developed and executed over many months has included the following:
Branding & Identity
The concept behind the Dymond’s Social Kitchen & Bar logo was based on leveraging the brand awareness value of the old name and adding a distinctively Dymond’s twist. We needed to ensure that the change intrigued rather than confused or alienated the existing guest base.
Email marketing can be a low cost and highly effective means of maintaining regular and immediate communication with a highly targeted audience. The challenge is to ensure content is relevant, concisely presented and engaging.
- The Dymond’s monthly e-mailer design borrowed from the menu to effectively separate categories making it easy to access information of special interest
- Links are included that allow the reader to become more deeply engaged with the brand by providing more information on subjects of interest
- We ensured that an appropriate content balance was maintained to engage the sports fan, food lover or live entertainment enthusiast
- We also craft “special message” emailers above and beyond the monthly newsletter to inform loyal patrons of special events, promotions, and more
For the launch of Dymond’s Social Kitchen & Bar and on an ongoing basis we provide the design and production of both interior and exterior elements including the main exterior signage, banners, window decals, and bathroom signs. All signage reflects the Dymond’s personality - clean, colourful and lively.
A key design challenge for the new menu was to balance the need for clear and compelling choice descriptions within a framework that reflected the restaurant’s fun and lively atmosphere while maintaining the integrity of the brand’s identity. This challenge was more than met by:
- Incorporating well defined headers and sections that were easy for guests to identify and peruse.
- Applying a legend device to recommend food and beverage pairings
- Strictly adhering to brand and style guidelines to reinforce brand integrity and support guest experience
- Using clean, common family typefaces in several weights to assist navigation and enhance legibility
- Selecting high definition food images to visually engage guests and whet appetites
ErringtonIM designed and executed a full truck wrap for Dymond’s. It is a striking mobile billboard used at golf tournaments, charity events or in front of the restaurant. The design is strongly brand centred and includes important social media and contact information.
ErringtonIM helps Dymond’s Social Kitchen & Bar reach current and prospective guests via social media. We have created custom graphics specific primarily to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These custom graphics are sized and resolution specific to the sites to have as much impact as possible.
Messages are primarily promotion based, ensuring the audience is up to date on restaurant happenings. Graphic elements are used to engage the reader and a bottom information bar provides access to more details.
Dymond’s is more than a restaurant. It’s a food and entertainment destination, appealing to a demographic with high expectations, and an almost insatiable appetite for the new and different. Dymond’s can never rest on its laurels.
The challenge for the business and for the website is to reinforce the elements of its offering that guests love and expect while clearly communicating that it is a distinctive, happening place to be visited often so as not to miss something new, fun or important.
Besides maintaining brand fidelity to address the web challenge, we ensure the following:
- Dymond’s is perceived as an exciting place to be, reflecting a “with-it” social persona
- Intuitive navigation that works for the regular guest as well as those searching for a great meal or a fun place to hang out
- Informative, yet brief, concise and stimulating copywriting
- Logical prioritization of content
- Distinctive layout not to be confused with competitors
- Ensuring social media and other means of communication are easily accessible to optimize the building of a database
- Frequent updating to ensure news and events info is always available to new and current customers.
EIM provides custom design and execution for all of Dymond’s promotional material to keep customers excited, informed and coming back. We use banners, posters, table toppers, menu inserts, social media and more to promote everything from hockey nights and appetizer specials to live entertainment.
We continue to deepen our relationship with Dymond’s as the business grows and requires more frequent and uniquely creative inputs.